Finally Dr. Menzmer!

 

PC: Jessica Kovach Photography

During my undergraduate career, my best friends lovingly nicknamed me "FDM". The initials stood for Future Dr. Menzmer - because while not all of them wanted to pursue a doctoral degree themselves, they were quite supportive of my dreams! 

I'm thrilled to announce a change to my status, though not nickname initials: Finally Dr. Menzmer! :) My presentation and defense was in late February. I've spent the past month or so making changes requested by my committee and graduate school and finally submitted the document tonight.

That I am the recipient of measureless support from family and friends is an understatement. I'm thrilled to have successfully defended my dissertation. If you're interested in watching my exit seminar to gain a better understanding of my research, see below. 

It's hard to believe that it's been nearly a year since I wrote on here. Outside of writing my dissertation, I've also had the opportunity to give talks at both ESA 2023 in Portland, Oregon and ASB 2024 in Chattanooga, Tennessee. It was great to network with colleagues and dialogue about my work! And if you know of any jobs that are looking for an enthusiastic science communicator or fieldwork data collector, definitely let me know! austin.menzmer@uga.edu 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Me

Program Update!!

Plant Center Retreat!